Provide support to tool and die maker by maintaining and repairing tools and fixtures. Work will include machining components for use in the production environment. Requires ability to follow instructions, read blueprints, and perform basic to complex machine shop math. The machinist must be able to safely dismantle large tools using forklifts and hoists. Ability to determine proper feed and speed for a given material then setup and operate mills, lathes and radial drill presses and check work using precision measuring tools is a must.
A successful candidate will have strong organization skills, problem solving, attention detail and good communication skills. Associates degree or certificate in machine shop technology or related field is required.
- Safely Setup and operate mills, lathes, and radial drill presses
- Read blueprints and follow instructions
- Perform basic to occasionally complex machine shop math
- Determine proper speeds and feeds for a given material
- Maintain and repair tools and fixtures
- Machine components for basic tools and fixtures
- Measure components for tools and fixtures
- Operate forklift and hoist
- Associates degree or certificate in machine shop technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a machinist or tool room machinist
How to Apply
Contact us now using the form below: