- Run our Material Requirement Planning (MRP) report, analyze parts for reorder and place purchase orders for production parts given production needs and inventory target levels. Validate PO confirmations, manage late orders and update appropriate internal customers of status.
- When supply or supplier problems arise, troubleshoot these issues and recommend various courses of action that may include alternate sourcing, partial shipments, expediting, etc.
- From various internal employees, place non-inventory purchase orders, communicate status to the requestor, match packing slip with purchase order
- Perform simple to medium complexity sourcing activities in the event of a supplier or part problem and for grouped parts requests for quotes (RFQ).
- Lead process improvement activities as an individual contributor – when you see problems, either fix them yourself or clearly define the problem and possible fixes and provide them to leadership
- Participate in improvement activities as a team member for all sizes of projects.
- Assist with tracking metrics and other tasks as required by the team
- Associates degree as a minimum in a related field such as business, or 3+ years experience as a buyer/planner in purchasing.
- Bachelors degree preferred in a related field such as business, supply chain, finance, engineering
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Purchasing Buyer” in the email subject line.