Full Job Description
Empire Comfort Systems manufacturers affordable, efficient and artful heating and grilling solutions. For 90 years, our Core Values have successfully guided Empire and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
· Lead with Love – We recognize that treating each other with respect, honesty and compassion sets the stage for our success
· Customer Commitment – We understand our customer expectations and provide products and services that meet those expectations
· Continuous Improvement – We find creative and practical solutions that move us towards our strategic objectives
· We Have Fun – We value a supportive environment that creates success through purpose, pride and passion.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the Finance team
The Accountant will use her/his experience to develop tools, reports and processes which will drive improved decision-making and enable growth. This position offers the opportunity to create, innovate and automate processes.
The successful candidate will be a team player, work well unsupervised and be self-motivated. This position works independently but in a collaborative fashion, working closely with peers and management across multiple departments in order to understand the many facets of production and inventory and to effectively inform and make recommendations to management. The Accountant reports to the Controller. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Prepare and post journal entries into the general ledger
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Document and calculate accruals
- Create and communicate external audit support to various auditors throughout the year
- Assist with financial statement preparation and analysis
- Respond to vendor and customer communications in a timely manner
Assist with financial-related special projects, as required
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Accountant” in the email subject line.